Next meeting in 3 weeks, May 28

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just a reminder the next meeting will be at my place in Pearland in 3 weeks...Saturday May 28 from 10AM till around 2PM. Plan on about $5 for pizza for lunch.
If there are any requests for specific demos let me know. I'm sure that will be a CA finish demo because someone is always interested in that. Also, if requested, there can be a casting demo with PR and Alumilite, and a powder coating demo. Anything else????

When the meeting is over, everyone is invited to stay for burgers and hot dogs and adult beverages to help me celebrate my retirement. My last day at work will be May 26, but my actual retirement date is May 31. Also Jan and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary which will be May 22. If you plan on staying, please let me know so I'll know how many burgers and dogs I'll need.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alexanderpens

I wouldn't mind joining ya'll if the offer's on the table. I'm not sure how "adult" my beverage can be, being 18 and all, but I'll celebrate with you just the same! Congratulations on retiring and your anniversary!

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Meeting is less than 2 weeks away.
So for only Derek and Rob above and two others that have emailed me have indicated they plan on attending.
I will get a map and directions to my place out next week.
Please let me know if you are planning to stay after the meeting for the party so I know how much food to plan.

stealth555

I plan to be there. and will do the CA demo if you like. I would need to do it fairly early, as I have to get back to the store by noon.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
OK, so far I have the following that will be at the meeting Saturday morning
Alexanderpens
great12b4ever
rsjimenez
JeffT
HeartofaPen
stealth555
dplloyd
itzapen
propencity
fireangels

We will start about 10AM and finish between 2 and 3 PM, after which everyone is invited to stay for the party, but please, if you haven't already, let me know if you plan on staying.
Bring $5 for pizza for lunch and a folding chair. Also, bring your pens and whatever else to show and a blank or two for a blank swap. As always, I will have glue and pen boxes for sale

I believe I have PM'ed everyone with my address, phone number and directions.
If you have not received them, please let me know.

Gagler

Put me down as a 51% "maybe," so don't count on me for the food tally. I have relatives coming in town Saturday that will be over in Green Tee, and I will be heading that way from Silverlake. If I remember correctly, you live near Central Texas BBQ? If you could PM me directions, I would appreciate it.

It will be good to put some face with names I have been seeing for the pat couple of years here!

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Not gonna be able to make this one...but I'm trying to send you a couple of new guys who aren't on IAP yet. A couple more "Marines no longer subject to Reveille" who do lots of cartridge pens for Toys for Tots and such.

Don and Joe, in case they show. :cool:

Y'all enjoy! And Mannie, congrats on retirement...and for convincing the wife to put up with you so long! :biggrin:

sam

It is looking more & more like Val & I will be there. It's about 95% now.
Monty, I'll just say we will be there & stay for the burgers, also.
Congratulations on both reasons for celebrating.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Does everyone know how to get to my place? If you need a map/directions, post below. I think I had sent to everyone the first of the week. If I missed you, I apologize.

stealth555

Ok I will need an address and directions. However, due to a store staffing issue, I will not be able to show up until later in the day, like 12 or so. There is a slight possibility I may not make it at all if the issue does not sort itself out as I expect it to do.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ok I will need an address and directions. However, due to a store staffing issue, I will not be able to show up until later in the day, like 12 or so. There is a slight possibility I may not make it at all if the issue does not sort itself out as I expect it to do.

PM sent.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I believe all that attended had a good time. Steve, thanks for the CA demo.
I will apologize to Ramon, Sam and anyone else that were still here when I "disappeared". Jan Had to go to the store and of course, the home healthcare nurse showed up fro my mother-in-law, had a few things there I had to attend to on the spur of the moment.

Steve has graciously extended an invitation for host the next meeting at the Rockler store in Houston the first part of September. We'll post more on that as for date and time as info becomes available.

sam

Absolutely.....NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE. And yes I did have a very good time.
Thank you Mannie for being a good host. I do wish I had room to host, but just not possible with living in a patio home. Sam

JeffT

Thanks for hosting! I'm sure everyone enjoyed it and I certainly enjoyed the demos you and Steve did. Now, as to this retirement thing... you should have plenty of time to get some fun projects done. We'll look forward to seeing them!

Thanks for your generous hospitality and we'll see you soon!

JeffT

dplloyd

As this was my first time joining the group I have to say it was enjoyable and informative. I look forward to the next meeting at Rockler.

The exchange of knowledge and knowing there are products to be had from local turners is a plus!

I passed out some business cards with my wife's name(Lori Lloyd) on them. If anyone has LASER ENGRAVING needs please contact her at the Pearland Mailbox Store. You can go online to www.pearlandmailbox.com. They are also on Facebook. Whether it's a matter of convenience, pricing or just wanting to keep business in the circle of turners we appraciate the opportunity to serve you.

Thanks to all and looking forward to the next meeting!

Top Bottom