Next Activity/Event/ whatever you want to call it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

HI all;
I got a request for woodturning demonstrators March 5th from noon to 4 PM at Woodcraft in Seattle. :bananen_smilies068:
So my muddled brain :bulgy-eyes: got to thinking what a way for us to promote what we do and have time to get together and socialize. So I volunteered us (me :eek:) to be there.
Anyone else interested in turning a pen during the demo? Show off your skills of using a skew/gouge/chisel???? :knife: Put a 'kit' pen together??
Would anyone be able to bring their mini lathe to the demo?
I'm working with Woodcraft to get all the details together.
So for now, mark you calendars March 5th for the next shinding. :cake: :party:
I would like to gather everyone's email address so we can have another way to communicate this. Sometimes with all the posts on the site information get's lost.
THANKS everyone for your support.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Thanks to Randyrls for reminding me

One thing that you can do is to go into the forum tab at the top of the page and select the "Washington" local chapter forum. Click on "Forum Tools" and choose "Subscribe to this forum". You can pick daily notification, then whenever anyone updates a message in the forum, you get a notification...

This way you will get an email when someone posts to the group.
thanks.

markgum

Got a call from Woodcraft. THEY ARE EXCITED. They also told me this is their Turn Pens for the Troops event. We are scheduled to use their classroom on Sat. from noon to 4 PM. We can turn pens, help people turn pens, socialize, show what we have made, and then after we are done at 4 PM we can get some ideas flowing for the next meetings. Woodcaft will supply all the kits and blanks. We need to bring tools, even dull ones and they can help sharpen them. :biggrin:
thanks.

broitblat

OK, so in summary:

+ Noon to 4:00 tomorrow (Saturday).
+ Bring your tools.
+ Be prepared to help newbies if your interested.

Is this right?

-Barry

markgum

Thanks for today's meeting.

A BIG thanks to Barry, Craig, and Chris for meeting today at Woodcraft teaching people about pen turning and turning pens for the troops.
Ron from Woodcraft expressed his deep appreciation and said it made a BIG difference in that his employees could help other customers.
Sorry, I forgot my camera so no photos from today.
We will plan another get together in the near future. If anyone wants to jump in and help get the next meeting going I would appreciate it. A LOT of my time is being taken up with the job search.
Thanks again for all your support and dedication to the Washington Chapter.

Top Bottom