Newton - Overlay - Great Blue Herron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Newton - Overlay - Great Blue Heron

Allyn and I finished this one last night. Taking it to the Arkansas Pen SHow at the end of the month.
Custom sterling overlay. Black ebonite and BSea acrylic barrel. Perfect for eyedropper fill.

The sterling started out as flat sheet and was pierced and cut, then engraved, formed over a mandrel, and finished.

JrpZEAVl.jpg

7v6UJy3l.jpg

JmZ5skHl.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That is absolutely stunning. :eek: However, I think the cap is screaming for a matching clip.:wink:
Is the silver tube carved or CNCed?

watch_art

Thanks!

The silver tube started life as a flat sheet of sterling that was cut and then shaped over a mandrel.

No clip on this one, it's a bit large to carry around. It will be getting a roll stopper though.

jttheclockman

Do you have some smaller photos so we can see the entire pen without scrolling. The photos are huge and we can not enjoy it as much. Thanks

watch_art

I forgot to mention that my good buddy BSea (Bob) cast the blank used for the barrel. The rest is black ebonite.
edit: no I didn't forget. I just thought I did. Man I need some sleep. :)

SDB777

I think the fella from England that normally shows up at the 'show'(sorry, Shawn...I can't remember his name) will be impressed.(he has those big pens with silver wrapped around them)

Scott (nicely done) B

SDB777

Shawn....you going to ask what he was asking per pen price? If memory serves, he had some $3,000 pens! You certainly have come a long way.....congrats!

Scott (even my new pup says, 'thumbs up') B

Top Bottom