Newest indispensable pen making aid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Now I know you're all going to laugh it this post but I tell you I won't be without these in my wood shop, now that I've tried them. No more CA all over my fingertips. Makes glue ups much much cleaner. They are so cheap on Amazon that you can just use them and throw them away. What is this miracle aid...... finger cots. Like an old commercial said... try em, you'll like em.
IMG_2003.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Yes indeed - I have used Nitrile Finger Cots for a long time when applying finish. Not nearly as cumbersome as a glove and not as uncomfortable as wrapping blue tape around my finger. They have saved me from a few very sticky situations. - Dave

KenB259

I usually have a hard time signing into work because my fingers usually have some residual ca on them. Work uses a fingerprint system. Hoping that issue goes away. Around here gloves are in short supply. I do like these better than gloves too.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

studioseven

My wife worked in a mail room years ago and would occasionally bring home something similar designed to prevent paper cuts. A few years ago, I looked for them on line but not knowing what they were called, couldn't find them. Thanks for the tip.

Seven

Having done a bit of additional research. I find that Office Depot-Max, has Swingline Rubber Fingertips in 3 sizes at $3.89 for box of 12. They may be silicone instead of rubber, hard to tell by looking at screen. Also found another interesting version of these tools, Tippi Fingertip Grips, they are about "2-knuckles" in length, with openings to allow fingers to flex, come in bright semi transparent colors (may be silicone). $12.49 for a 10 pack in a number of sizes. I'm sure the other office supply chains carry something similar. Have to pick up a toner cartridge today, I'll try to check these out.

Thanks Bill

duderubble

My wife works part time at walmart pharmacy. When she was working the counter I got a box of these and brought them up and put them on the counter and said "Ma'am I need to return these condoms. They're just too big and keep falling off."

She got the last laugh though. Without missing a beat she said, "I'm sorry sir, we don't carry anything in your size."

mick

I just take a nitrile glove and cut all the fingers off and I have 5. That is good for many many pens. Blue shop towels 2 swipes back and forth and move on to next coat when ready.
I do this too for CA finishing and have found that it doesn't stick very well to blue painter's tape. So I wrap some around the homemade cot and it lasts a long time.... or until I lay it down and it disappears. Non the less it's a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Medium size of the Tippi fingertips were not in stock at Office Depot yesterday. I placed my order. Email update says it will deliver today. No charge for shipping, Thank you Office Depot. Looking forward to less CA (Glu Boost in my case) on fingers etc.

TonyL

Thx for the idea. i bought these last night. seemed like a good deal. 3 cents each.
1599222887462.png

Top Bottom