Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

just_a_Chair

Hello everyone,
I am a 26 yo guy from Italy who has always wanted to use a lathe and in the last three years I've been in love with fountain pens, in these days I thought about the possibility to let these two passion merge.
I had a regular small garage woodworking shop, I experienced a bit with roughly working with leather, arduino-electronics and 3D printing.
I know it may not be the best and maybe may need a different post, but I was thinking about a lidl parkside lathe or a Proxxon 250 db lathe, since my house is relatively small and I wouldn't be able to spend few hundreds of euros to get acquainted with this practice.
I would like to start from kit fountain pens, but would love to reach the kitless level.
I already know that I would need a set of two mandrels and/or chucks to hold the blanks, in order to be able to make internal and external mandrel and I am a bit afraid they may increase a lot the price
There are not many lathe in thrift shops or online unfortunately here and we don't really have harbor freights or such, the cheapest ones from hardware stores seem kinda similar to the lidl one, otherwise I saw the entry levels of einhell and scheppach
I'll come back to this topic in the next weeks, just thank you for accepting me for now!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Lore. I will finally get a chance to visit your wonderful country in May - we will fly to Rome for a Mediterranean cruise and will also visit Naples. My daughter and her husband want to take a side trip to Florence, but I think that my wife and I will spend that time in Rome. So much to see and too little time.

sorcerertd

Welcome from North Carolina, USA! I traveled to Italy many years ago and would love to come back some day.

Before you purchase another lathe, make sure that the accessories you need/want are easy to find for it. Dust collection will likely take up the most space, but is very important.

Top Bottom