Newbie question about participation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Just wondering what level of participation is allowed for us involved in the bash. I've never entered a bunch, but I did always enjoy the Trivia. Seeing the posts in here discussing different topic ideas and such, I would assume that we should be excluded from entering that, am I right? I wasn't planning on entering the photo contest that I am chairing anyway, so that's not a problem, but I was considering the Russ Challenge, and maybe a couple of the other pen making ones...

Not a big deal if we are not allowed, I certainly understand the appearance of conflict. I just did not want to sit this year out as a participant if it is not necessary.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Todd,

It would be fine for you to enter any contest in which you obviously don't have an advantage due to your access to answers. Trivia, Wood ID, Puzzles would be examples of contests you cannot enter.

I don't see any problem with you entering any of the contests involving the creation of a pen as long as you are not involved in running or judging the contest. Especially those where the entrants are anonymous and the winners are determined by membership vote.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In that same vein, Should my videos be eligible in the Library contest? I have always avoided the contests so no one could scream "foul". I have no objection to withdrawing voluntarily if there is any question about this.

Wadayatink? chairpersons!!

toddlajoie

Wood ID is probably fine too - I don't think we have any info on the woods that he's posting do we?

Andrew

Yea, the only shot I'd ever have of wining anything in the wood ID contest would be if you posted the answers here for me. Even then I'd probably get second at best due to my spelling issues....

Cool. I'll have to look into getting some photos ready for the pens...

Top Bottom