Newbie pen maker.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nevin

I found this site when looking for refills for one of the pens I started turning. I have read several of the great threads and have already learned a lot.
I have not found the refills for the PennState Classic Elite2 that I have been looking for. Pennstate onIy sells a refill in the fine point. I read somewhere that the Schmidt 5888 or 8888 would work, but I bought both and they are too large to fit properly in the barrel.

If anyone has worked with these kits and have suggestions on refills for the rollerball in a .1mm, I would appreciate the input.

Thanks

Ralph Nevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I think that is a gel rollerball. I will take a look n see but is the 5888 too long or is the hole in the nib too small for the ink?

Yeah its gel ink. Maybe try a Scmidt 888 or a 5285? Otherwise id have to see what is happening why the 5888 isn't fitting. Exotic blanks has that listed as the ink upgrade so it should fit.

Last edited:

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP Community. On a Sunday afternoon in October a decade or so ago, at the close of a business trip to Sanford, ME, I drove down to Concord and up 93 into the National Forest. It was an amazing drive. As things were getting late instead of going all the way back down to Concord, I cut across on Sandwich Notch Road - an experience I will never forget. - Dave

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum! I flew to Boston and drove to Waterville Valley for a conference. Got off the interstate and saw a "Moose Crossing" sign! Didn't see one but the desk clerk when I checked out said they see them all the time! My complements on a beautiful state.

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC.

That Classic Elite II does hold a Schmidt 888/5888. It will also take a Pentel Energel or Pilot Precise (I think the precise has a .9 mm). A Pilot G2 fits, but doesn't extend quite as far (maybe .5 mm shorter?). You sometimes have to fiddle with it a bit to get the shaft of the refill into the end properly. I just double checked with one I had sitting around. I really like that kit.

Nevin

Thank you everyone for the great welcome. I have tried the 888 and the 5888 and they barely fits through the nib and will not allow the nib portion of the pen to fully screw to the body. You can see this in the picture. the 888 fits the same way.

Attachments

• 20220714_074409 (1).jpg
    20220714_074409 (1).jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom