Newbie from Virgnian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sailor55

Hello all,
Just starting out on pen turning. I'm new to pen turning and turning if general although I am an experienced wood worker (furniture and carving). So far I've completed 9 Slimlines (screwed up on the first of a 10-package), three larger ballpoints, 2 fountains, and 3 rollerballs. I've given away four pens.

I am learning and IAP seems to be the best place to learn.

I'm retired Navy, retired engineer, and happily retired.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimofsanston

Robert do you live near Richmond. We have a chapter that meets at the Woodcrafters the 2nd thursday of every month execpt this November the meeting room was booked. There are a lot of us that are on this site. We do demos of the basics, and always welcoming new penturners. We would be glad to have you come in.

sailor55

Jim, I'm two hours away from Richmond. At age 73 (in December) I avoid travel somewhat. I do go to Roanoke often for Woodcraft and we visit our two boys in northern Virginia about once a year.

I noticed the Richmond chapter and I tried to find the location of the Southeastern chapter. I seems the latter is in NC or SC.
But thanks for asking.
Bob

leehljp

Member Liaison

GouletPens

Welcome, another guy here from just outside of Richmond. I'm another addict in the pen turning club at Woodcraft. You're completely right, IAP is the best place to learn starting out, and as you continue. I'm just warning you, this craft is a slippery slope that can consume all of your time, money, and sanity....you'll go around looking at every material you see wherever you go and say "I wonder what that would look like on a pen....". :wink:

Top Bottom