Newbie from Middle Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russ_Gray

Hello from Warner Robins, GA.

My addiction started with a mention about turning pens from my brother in law. He was researching it, so I looked it up on YouTube. An avid wood worker, it seemed simple enough. I bought a small lathe and made my first slimline. (I'll put it in a box and use it as a reminder of my humble beginnings.)

I played with several designs and have come up with one that most of my coworkers like. I do not know where this trail will lead me. However, I wouldn't be able to do this without this community. It has been invaluable.

As a martial arts master, I know that all things start with a single technique and mastering the basics is key is the journey that makes any endeavor worth while.

So I thank you all for your contributions to my new obsession.

Russ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russ_Gray

Hello from Warner Robins, GA.

My addiction started with a mention about turning pens from my brother in law. He was researching it, so I looked it up on YouTube. An avid wood worker, it seemed simple enough. I bought a small lathe and made my first slimline. (I'll put it in a box and use it as a reminder of my humble beginnings.)

I played with several designs and have come up with one that most of my coworkers like. I do not know where this trail will lead me. However, I wouldn't be able to do this without this community. It has been invaluable.

As a martial arts master, I know that all things start with a single technique and mastering the basics is key is the journey that makes any endeavor worth while.

So I thank you all for your contributions to my new obsession.

Russ

I think I figured out how to post photos. Here is my first set. Not too bad for two weeks of practice, but much further to go. They are Black Walnut and Magnolia wood.

8f3b9c3c245a9ff2155fb1bc47bcd9e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Russ_Gray

Thank you everyone for the welcome messages.

I've ruined 3 sets of blanks this past weekend and then read about sealing the blank ends with CA in this community.

Thanks to everyone for helping keep me from floundering too long.

... this is gonna get expensive.

Top Bottom