Newbie Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pian

Pian

A piece of acrylic I got from a grab bag combined with a simple copper slimline.

Pay no mind to the dirty windowsill. I don't have a light box or any other place to take good photos, and natural light works great.

What can I do to improve?

Attachments

• 20210128_155923.jpg
    20210128_155923.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

It looks really good for your first acrylic. I'm just not a fan of fat bodies on slimline pens. I would have used a kit that's "supposed" to be fat, like a cigar.

Pian

I never buy copper hardware, because nothing looks good with it. You proved me wrong on that thought process. Looks really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
Copper is really hard to find things that look good with it. I don't have any wood on hand that goes with it, but it looks good with ebony and Koa. For the acrylics I use it with creams and browns.

magpens

Shaping to be honest. Sometimes I get a little too creative.

But now you are showing a different picture from your original post !!!!!

IMHO, on this second pen, there is too much "carving" .... but that's just my opinion.

Did you use a Beall Pen Wizard for this one ?

Pian

IMHO, on this second pen, there is too much "carving" .... but that's just my opinion.

No, I've never even heard of that. I do it all by hand with files and a jab saw. That's how's my shop teacher teacher showed me in high school.

Pian

Thank you for introducing me to the pen wizard! That is so much easier than doing it by hand!

Ambidex

other than the radial scratching I don't see an issue...this is a beginner pen? you'll be fine as long as you keep reading how to turn and finish acrylics. My first 20 acrylics did NOT turn out that well...keep it up

Top Bottom