NEWBEE from Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snowb46

Well well well, there looks like a Michigan explosion today for newbees.

I, like Jeff, have yet to turn a thing, but have been looking at videos and sites for a while now. My lathe WILL be my Christmas gift this year. I plan to get a Turncrafter Commander Variable Speed, haven't decided on the 10" or 12" yet.

Just got back from a road trip with Ankrom Exotics (whos a member of this site) to West Penn Hardwoods. All I can say is WOW, what a place to visit! If you ever get a chance to go, do so. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Much more exciting than a trip to Home Depot's tool crib.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeScroller

welcome from a PA guy and a relatively new member to the forum and to turning also . This forum is just fantastic. The resources here are great...members especially and info boundless!
I'm using the Carba-Tec mini for the past month and really like it. I wanted to turn but had limited space so I went with that lathe. There's a learning curve but the fun and results make it all worthwhile.
Best wishes and welcome!
Joe in PA:biggrin:

ctubbs

Todd, you are most welcome to this site and pen turning, however, for you future economic well being you just might want to rethink the whole thing before you ever put tool to wood. This has proven to be terribly addictive for a great many. It is rumored that more than one have tried to sell their first born to advance their funding for this addiction. Be careful, be very careful!:confused::eek::laugh:
Charles

snowb46

LOL

Todd, you are most welcome to this site and pen turning, however, for you future economic well being you just might want to rethink the whole thing before you ever put tool to wood. This has proven to be terribly addictive for a great many. It is rumored that more than one have tried to sell their first born to advance their funding for this addiction. Be careful, be very careful!:confused::eek::laugh:
Charles

Well, I'd better hurry if I have to sell my first born, he's going in the Marines next fall.

Hey Todd..... Welcome aboard!! Glad to see you made it here and jumped right in. There are a lot of good folks here and a wealth of information as well as inspiration.

I've been busy cutting up 'the haul' and getting it ready for stabilizing. Probably gonna take a few days.

Anyway...... have fun here.

Top Bottom