New youtube: Turning a new rhinoplastic to round

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
https://youtu.be/LS_abuR4G5U

Had a customer who was having difficulty with this material, so I thought I would make a video. Most of the garage is now set up for turning and even pretty good camera location. Interested in feedback. As you know I usually add voice after the fact--this way is easier, is it less effective??

Thanks for any comments--good or bad!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Lighting and perspective are great. Audio was a little difficult for me to hear at first, but seemed to improve shortly into the video. Once you moved the camera, no issues hearing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

randyrls

Ed; Good video, I always put a dust collection hood/hose behind the blank to pick up all the "snow" from acrylic blanks. I have a hood (I think the idea came from MesquiteMan (Curtis) with magnets; sticks to the bedways and gets rid of all that fluff.

The tool noise could be a little lower in volume. Over-all good video.

I'm not sure if this is your standard process for making a pen, but if not, make it clear that you are only demonstrating proper tool technique and not "How to make a pen".

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Looks good Ed. Here is my suggestions:

I personally like the "less edited" formats.
I think the other thing that might help the viewed is to put in text on the bottom of the screen every time you introduce a blank or tool that item so its clear. Even if its for just 15-30 seconds, it could be added to the very bottom of the screen to not be in the way.

For example in this video:
- Northern Lights Crush Rhinoplastic
- 1" Spindle gouge
- 3/8" Spindle gouge (fingernail grind) ... or whatever grind it is
- 3/4" Oval Sku

I know you said it and also have some info in the description, but putting it on screen means the viewer doesn't have to back up if they miss hear it.

magpens

Weird ... I can't get this video to play ... sometimes it even kills my browser (Firefox). . No trouble with other youtube videos, as far as I can tell.

Have tried many times over the past two days since it was posted.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong ?

MRDucks2

Weird ... I can't get this video to play ... sometimes it even kills my browser (Firefox). . No trouble with other youtube videos, as far as I can tell.

Have tried many times over the past two days since it was posted.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong ?

Maybe the latest video hasn't been released for Canada yet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

edicehouse

Great video. I find Rhino to be a bit more brittle than a lot of the other type blanks. However they are more cost friendly, and do finish up very nice (Earths Core is an amazing looking blank).

Top Bottom