New Wiz how-to video (Spirals)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

Check it out, and learn to make these:

1_wiz_021a.jpg

1_wiz_023a.jpg

1_wiz_022a.jpg

Click on the arrow in the center of the screen-shot to view the YouTube version. Jeff tells me this will be added to the IAP library soon.

[yt]U2JjVG8J_uE[/yt]

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keandkafu

Ed,

What kind of a finish did you use? How hard was it to flow the finish around the grooves and not puddle? Could you use a CA finish on this turning? Sorry for all the questions, but thats how us newbies learn!!

Kevin

YoYoSpin

Kevin,

All of the wood pens I make follow this finish process: dry sand 220 - 320 - 400 - 600 grit, apply a coat of Mylands sanding sealer, wipe off the excess quickly - before it dries, then buff using the 3-step Beall system, except I use 2 coats of Renaissance wax instead of carnauba wax, waiting about 10 minutes between coats and final buff. I never use CA for a finish...just too much work IMHO.

Ed,

What kind of a finish did you use? How hard was it to flow the finish around the grooves and not puddle? Could you use a CA finish on this turning? Sorry for all the questions, but thats how us newbies learn!!

Kevin

YoYoSpin

Thanks JR...btw, I heard from your Euro distributor (Gerhard Christmann) today, wanting to use these how-to videos in the old country...absolutely no problem. You're welcome to use them as well.

Thanks Ed. Beautiful work and a big help. I will send you a new acc. I am working on as soon as it is finished.

JR

Top Bottom