"New" Type of Dust Mask with Activated Carbon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Tony, you should look more closely at it. It doesn't say anything in the specs about what size particles (microns) it filters out. Just a general reference to 99% And that means nothing without stating the microns. It is also promoted as a 'pollution' mask not that it will filter the fine dust particles you generate while sanding in your shop. You may not be protecting yourself when you think you are.

Curly

You are a lottery lab rat wearing something that isn't NIOSH certified. Maybe they work and maybe they don't. You take the chance with your respiratory system if you like. I wouldn't.

Reactions: DrD

DrD

Yeah, let me second Curly on this point. I suffer from SEVERE nasal constriction/breathing issues from earlier work with beryllium. I made a seriously bad mistake 2 days turning some African Blackwood with NIOSH rated protection, and haven't slept since due inability to breath thru nose.

TonyL

You are right. I asked for a technical datasheet on the filter. If I don't like what I read, I will return. Returns are free. Thx!

DrD

Yeah, let me second Curly on this point. I suffer from SEVERE nasal constriction/breathing issues from earlier work with beryllium. I made a seriously bad mistake 2 days turning some African Blackwood with NIOSH rated protection, and haven't slept since due inability to breath thru nose.
I forgot to proof read! Dumb, dumb, dumb. It was 2 days ago I did the turning, AND it was withOUT a NIOSH, rated mask - hence the inhalation of all that noxious dust, hence to being unable to breath through my nostrils. Oh well...

TonyL

I was very impressed with this (well made and l1/2 the price). The RZ filters are a different size, but fit fine. The mask is neoprene, so warmer and heavier than the RZ, but I do like the fact that it wraps around the years. Folks may not like anything warm(er). The carbon filters also look well made, but not NIOSHA tested. I did ask, but haven't heard back. Anyway...that is my take.

Top Bottom