New turner from PNW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ceshelman

Hi all,

New to turning. Just bought my first lathe off Craig's list a few weeks ago and started turning. The lathe came with a some pen kits so I figured, good way to learn how to turn. The pen kits should come with a warning about their addictive qualities. The best part of turning pens, all those little scraps of exotic woods I have been saving and wondering what I would ever do with them, suddenly have a purpose. A small piece of ziricote I have been saving for over a decade is now a blank for a pen for my son!

Pic is my first two pens. One cocobolo, one walnut.

Looking forward to learning and sharing here.

Thanks,
Carl.
IMG_2327.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Carl !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . . 😀 . 😀

Don't spend too much time on those slimline pens . . . they are not the easiest of pen kits to make in the beginning.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the pen kits from Berea at . . bereahardwoods . com . . you'll find some beaut pen kits there.

Also, I'd advise you get familiar with . . ExoticBlanks . com . . - Everything you need is there, including great customer service.

Todd in PA

Welcome, and nice work on the pens there! I like how straight and regal these are. I agree with the addiction warning, which should come with the kits.

penicillin

Don't spend too much time on those slimline pens . . . they are not the easiest of pen kits to make in the beginning.
... or ...

When you get good with the slimline pen kits, many other pen kits will seem easy.

Top Bottom