New Triton Ballpoint from Berea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DRB4381

I received an email from Berea this morning introducing some new pen styles. I really like the new Triton Ballpoint. What do others think? Here is link to the pen on Berea's website.

http://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-kit/sets/Triton_CHR_Ballpoint.html

They also introduced a couple other new kits, but I definitely like the Triton the best. I may post a feeler in the Individual Classified forum to see if 4 or 5 others would be interested in going in together to get the 51+ pricing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Nice additions, I quite like the Virage. Similar to woodturningz Phoenix but with more plating options and none of that funny black patterning.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
What is the general reaction to the new nib design on the Virage? Do you want the "finger grip indent" on future pens???

Bobalu

I bought a few when I first saw them at Woodcraft, but thought I was buying a BP version of the RB. I was rather unhappy to find the tip didn't have the slender taper of the RB tip, thus making it look like a different pen altogether. Maybe it will grow on me.

Fibonacci

What is the general reaction to the new nib design on the Virage? Do you want the "finger grip indent" on future pens???

I have not used that style, but I think it looks really sharp. I would make the blank curved to match the hardware, but I am thinking about picking up a couple to try.

Looking at their instructions, I am not a huge fan of the way they seem to be kludging the sierra hardware into the new kit, but it might not be too bad to actually make. That will not dissuade me from trying.

Are you thinking about carrying them Ed? If so, I would get some from you with my next order.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have them on order.

But it could be a couple months--we get them by ship and our ship comes in when Berea sees fit to order. (It takes 30 days of travel time) I understand the system, but I don't have to like it.:mad::mad:

Just to clarify--this applies to the VIRAGE!! I have the Tritons, Rineharts and the other new style ballpoint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom