New toy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Rabchenuk

My son paid off his tab. Anybody have any tips to optimize this saw?
0625192055a.jpg

randyrls

Look for a copy of "Band Saw Handbook " or "Bandsaw Reference Book" both by Mark Duginske this is an old book but the setup and tuning portions are top-notch! I had a Shopsmith bandsaw that I didn't like until I went thru the tuning section of the book. Now it works very well and I love to use it.

MRDucks2

Any of the good books or the online set-up references are beneficial. For my 10-325 I had to pay particular attention to the table alignment and level. It attaches to the yoke with underneath with only 4 bolts and all four were not equally torqued on mine.

Other than that, I glued a flat round ceramic magnet on the upper right end of the cabinet and one on the right side of the table for a 6" metal ruler. Tried 2 or 3 different resale type blades until I found one I liked both the quality and price of and enjoy the saw tremendously.

Can slice 1/16" x 8" all day long, split logs, and, while my fence catches on the rail bolt it happens to give me two positive stops by the blade at common distances I use.

Note: read the box on how to set up any blades you buy. They are different and setting up according to the blade manufacturers instructions can make a big difference, and save you from damaging a blade (3 times).

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom