New Toy for the Play House

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jallan

Just arrived yesterday. Rikon 70-220vsr. Can't wait to try it out. Will be in the shop all day tomorrow( which will make the wife happy):biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Jallan...Looks like a great, and very heavily built midi lathe! My first lathe was the 12X16VS model and loved it! Wish they had built this model before I bought my Jet 1221VS or I would have purchased the Rikon instead since I was so pleased with it! Now let's see a few photos and postings of your latest turnings! Safe turning to you always!

Fish30114

That's an interesting pen mandrel setup on that lathe. How is the 'rod' attached to the headstock?
I was able to play around on one of those at my Woodcraft store, and the VSC worked excellently, I actually think that this is a really good 'version' of the Jet 1221VS, for a lower price.

jallan

Mandrel Set Up

That's an interesting pen mandrel setup on that lathe. How is the 'rod' attached to the headstock?
I was able to play around on one of those at my Woodcraft store, and the VSC worked excellently, I actually think that this is a really good 'version' of the Jet 1221VS, for a lower price.

Don, It is a screw on Mandrel and the end of the Mandrel shaft fits into the open end of the Mandrel Saver Tailstock Center. All are from PSI. Lathe from Woodcraft. Hope that ans. your question

LeeR

I think you'll like your lathe. I bought a Rikon 70-100 about 5 years ago, and it has been a great lathe to learn on. Once I started turning items longer than pens (about 1 month) I bought the bed extension. Unless I eventually desire to turn pretty large bowls, this lathe will suit most of my needs.

I keep thinking about buying the variable speed upgrade kit for it, but the belt changes are easy, so the upgrade hasn't made it to the top of my shopping list yet.

Fish30114

Don, It is a screw on Mandrel and the end of the Mandrel shaft fits into the open end of the Mandrel Saver Tailstock Center. All are from PSI. Lathe from Woodcraft. Hope that ans. your question

Thanks a lot jallan, that is exactly what I was wanting to figure out---enjoy the new machine brother---Cheers--Don

Top Bottom