New to me Pressure Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Just finished this today and it works real nice. Took a fair bit to get it clean but I am happy with the out come. Bought it from a teenager on Kijiji BC.
$30.00
Here are the before and after pic's.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

.... and it's Made in Canada !! You really cleaned it up nicely. I see you replaced the pressure gauge. Now, what are you going to use it for ?

lorbay

.... and it's Made in Canada !! You really cleaned it up nicely. I see you replaced the pressure gauge. Now, what are you going to use it for ?

I cast some Fir bark today in and took it up to 100 psi, not realizing how much it would push into the bark. The mold was only half full when it came out. :frown:
Lin

SDB777

How did you get it that clean? Bead-blast it or something?

100PSI!!!! I think I'd have been in a different city while that was happening for the first time....

Scott (nice score) B

lorbay

How did you get it that clean? Bead-blast it or something?

100PSI!!!! I think I'd have been in a different city while that was happening for the first time....

Scott (nice score) B

Scott I used a Auto paint stripper came off pretty easy. (100psi) :biggrin:
I asked a question on testing it as I can't find any specifications on it any where ,so Pete aka (Curly) told me to fill it full of water a dig a hole out back in my yard and put it in. So the out come would not be much air if it blew. Took it to my compressor max psi of 120.:biggrin::biggrin:
Lin

JD Combs Sr

What size is it, can't really tell from the pics but it looks bigger than the typical 2gal most are using. I am guessing it at about 4 gallons. If it is it is an amazing deal. Great looking now too.

Tim'sTurnings

You did a great job of getting all the old paint off. I had an old one all painted up like your first picture and just painted over it with one color of paint. It was okay but you stripping all the old paint off would have been a better thing for me to do with it. Great job in getting yours cleaned and all ready to go.
Tim.

Last edited:

lorbay

What size is it, can't really tell from the pics but it looks bigger than the typical 2gal most are using. I am guessing it at about 4 gallons. If it is it is an amazing deal. Great looking now too.

JD it is a 5 gal. Remember the old steel 5 gal paint cans, well one of those fits right inside it.
Lin

Top Bottom