New simple segment for the rookie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jeremymc98

Jeremymc98

Made a set of pens for a business friend. PSI Raw brass kit, yellow salted tiger oak, green tiger oak and maple veneer with CA finish. I think I just passed the 20 mark on pens made.

Feedback much appreciated for areas to improve

Attachments

• 20180112_105440.jpg
    20180112_105440.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 412
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice Jeremy! I would not have imagined those two timbers being complimentary, but they look nice. The general segmenting is also well done. And I usually do not comment on "fit/finish," but yours looks excellent - especially for the number of pens turned.

Well done.

Jeremymc98

Very well crafted Jeremy! You know that once you start segmenting, you're hooked for life!!!!

Mike,

you are absolutely right!!! the 4th or 5th pen I ever made was segmented and I don't even think about turning without cuts and glue anymore. wife hates it but its a good reason to just always buy wood becuase you never know what creative piece I may need ahaha

flyitfast

I am REALLY looking forward to your future pens if this is one of your first!!
This pen is a really great job of matching complementing wood shades. And the super finish really "pops" the wood grains.
I like it!!
Gordon

Jeremymc98

I am REALLY looking forward to your future pens if this is one of your first!!
This pen is a really great job of matching complementing wood shades. And the super finish really "pops" the wood grains.
I like it!!
Gordon

As soon as I pick my table saw and get organized inside and not in the garage I'll crank out some pieces but you guys are so far ahead I have a long fun journey in front of me

Top Bottom