New Segmented Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

Here are 6 of my latest pen blank and one bottlestopper blank , that will probably be available from www.exoticblanks.com within a few days. I have been working more lately with solid surface material, but will always prefer the worlds most beautiful domestic , exotic and burl woods.
However , I must say that there are some really new and beautiful solid surface material on the market from 10 or more manufacturers . All comments are welcome.
PC052322.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful artistry Joe. I admire and appreciate the new designs you come up with. Your blanks have always set a high standard for innovation and excellent visual appeal. I do not believe your work has gotten enough appreciation.

I had many that I really liked, but "D" won my heart! Most will not realize how difficult it is to get each slice to be the same thickness, then to assemble it accurately.

Be well, Mark

magpens

WOW ! - "E" prompted the biggest "wow" for me !!!

@wood128

Joe, it might help if you could recommend one or more specific pen kit(s) to go with each blank design, please.
And I mean for all of your blank designs that appear here and on ExoticBlanks.

Angela S

These are all beautiful. I am impressed by D's precision and design. But I think the bottle stopper is my favorite.

greenacres2

I'm loving E also--nice tight knots on that one. D is a close second though.

Bottlestopper F looks like a Christmas chimney--waiting for Santa to pop out!!
earl

wood128

Wonderful artistry Joe. I admire and appreciate the new designs you come up with. Your blanks have always set a high standard for innovation and excellent visual appeal. I do not believe your work has gotten enough appreciation.

I had many that I really liked, but "D" won my heart! Most will not realize how difficult it is to get each slice to be the same thickness, then to assemble it accurately.

Be well, Mark
Thanks Mark for the kind words. I love making the spiral blanks and reversed spiral ( D ) . Take a trip to Florida again...…..beautiful weather …...can teach you to make these blanks in an hour or so !!!!! My step grandson college student graduates next week with his degree in Aerospace Technology and is being interviewed for jobs here in the space program. Lots of NASA money for our return to the moon program .

wood128

WOW ! - "E" prompted the biggest "wow" for me !!!

@wood128

Joe, it might help if you could recommend one or more specific pen kit(s) to go with each blank design, please.
And I mean for all of your blank designs that appear here and on ExoticBlanks.
Thanks Mal. I confess that I have not taken the time to learn about all the different sizes of pen kits. I make my blanks 5 inches long ….some 6 inches, , some with end caps, some not , and some with center sections. I don't make very many pens ………...a few this year for gifts . Hope all is well in Canada and Merry Christmas to all my friends on IAP.

Top Bottom