New Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

A few days ago I made inquiry about table saws. I spent several hours researching saws, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Jet, Rigid, Kobalt and others. I settled on the Kobalt for a number of reasons. One reason is the machined table slots in the aluminum table. Other saw tables appeared to be cast but I may be wrong about that. Don't know if cast is the right process. The rip fence which locks on both ends extends to 30" which is nice for cutting plywood. Frame is very sturdy among other features. No pix? I should have some tomorrow.

I placed my crummy little Skill saw on Craigs List this afternoon and sold it within two hours for $60. It was in like new shape. So the new owner should be satisfied.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csr67

Congrats and you are a smart man! After doing tons of research, I too bought that same Kobalt saw a few weeks back. I needed it to rip some planks for a wood flooring install (or at least that was my excuse to the wife)! I really like the rolling cart and how all the accessories lock into the saw for easy transport.

Here's a link to the saw, it's a great deal at $279:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_486267-52010-KT1015___?productId=50056619&pl=1&Ntt=table+saw

Last edited:

Rockytime

Here are the first projects on the new saw. First is the sled, something I could not make or use on my cheap Skill saw. Second, since my workbench is horizontally challenged I mounted my pen press vertically. I had it mounted on the wall previously but had too stretch to much to use it effectively. I am able to hold pen components more securely in proper alignment.

Attachments

• 20150611_172631.jpg
    20150611_172631.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 20150612_172612.jpg
    20150612_172612.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 230

Rockytime

LOVE the Milescraft! I have thought about mounting mine vertically as well, but until I get moved I decided not to. But let me know if you like it better that way. The sled looks great to!

Hi Mitch, I like the vertical orientation because the components tend to sit on each other rather than having to try to line them up and hold them in position when horizontal. It really works quite well. I previously had it mounted on a wall but had to lean over my bench to use it which made it very awkward to use. This also lets me move it around on the bench.

Top Bottom