New PSI fiber tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I just saw this in the latest catalog. Sounds interesting as far as being able to refill with regular fountain pen ink. The felt tip certainly will wear down, but they do have replacements available. That doesn't seem very feasible for a customer.

20220430_180712.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Very interesting. I wanted to take a look at the internals, but unfortunately the link to the instructions brings up the wrong kit (link is to the Fidget kit - PKFIDBxx. - Dave

Painfullyslow

I would like to see photos of the refill and how it is filled and used. There is nothing about that on the website. I looked.

This is obviously an educated guess but since the picture above states that it uses the standard fountain pen ink cartridge I would also assume that they use the typical ink converter we normally see with the fountain pen kits.

sorcerertd

I would like to see photos of the refill and how it is filled and used. There is nothing about that on the website. I looked.
Yep, was wondering the same thing. I did ask, but have not heard yet (I assume they are closed Sundays, though). My concern is that customers won't be able to find the replacement tips.

egnald

I contacted PSI and received an email this morning that they were working on correcting the links to the instructions on their website.
A quick check on the starter set and the instructions came up. Link - Dave

monophoto

The kit includes both a cartridge and a converter.

The concern I would have is that we know that there is constant turnover in the pen kit world, and kits that existed a few years ago have disappeared and have been replaced by something different. So I share Todd's concern about replacement tips. Even now, it would be difficult for someone who purchases one of these at a craft show to find a replacement, and who knows if replacements will even be available at all in five years time.

Rick95602

I just finished up a two day craft fair and had someone ask for a "felt-tip" pen. That was a first. Anyway, I might try this kit just to have it in the "arsenal" so to speak. :cool:đź––

sorcerertd

I just finished up a two day craft fair and had someone ask for a "felt-tip" pen. That was a first. Anyway, I might try this kit just to have it in the "arsenal" so to speak. :cool:đź––
There are felt tip refills that fit the rollerball pens called fine-liner. Probably a lot easier to deal with since you can just replace the whole cartridge. This one intrigues me as it will take fountain pen ink, which leaves it open to a ton of possibilities.

RGVPens

My order came in the other day. I got the starter pack of four with bushings. I also got two packs of replacement tips, two in a pack, just in case.
Haven't had a chance to make one yet, maybe in a day or two. I'll post it.

RGVPens

OK, I turned a Fiber Tip Pen this afternoon. Turned out nice, easy. I used a piece of Red Mallee Burl and the Brass kit.

Attachments

• IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom