New poster pen photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from steeler fan1

steeler fan1

I'm new to pen turning and even newer to photo posting.

These are just a couple of misc pens, been experimenting with CA finishing. (work in progress)
pensjuly182010008.jpg

pensjuly182010005.jpg

This is my version of the Patriotic Patriot, blank by Brooks803
pensjuly182010003.jpg

pensjuly182010002.jpg

This is Broadwell, again blank by Brooks803.

pensjuly182010001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Those are some nice looking pens, doing a CA finish on a pen like the orange(not sure what kind of wood) slim line in the top photo is not an easy thing to do, those coves can drive you crazy, keep up the good work, .

JD Combs Sr

For a newby you don't have very far to go to be and old timer pen maker.:) And starting with coves and CA,:eek: man for practical purposes you are there.:biggrin:
As they say over on the SMC Turner's forum "welcome to the turning vortex" it will suck you in and never let go.:wink:

Jgrden

Hey, I like your work. If you are new, you are very good. If you are NOT new, you still do great work. I am not a fan of slimlines with contours, but yours seem to add to the looks of the pen instead of taking away the looks. IMHO

steeler fan1

Thanks for the kind comments. I started turning shortly after the first of this year. The CA finish is brand new. Lots to learn but it sure is fun.

Carl

Bree

You have some excellent pens there with a lot of creativity and very good craftsmanship. You are not a newbie any more.
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom