New Photos in Album!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bev Polmanteer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Both, I put the price and my inventory number on one side and the type of wood and refill on the other side. Haven't found a better way to do it yet and still remember what the woods are. This way the customer can know the price and the wood of each one. How does anyone else do it on their sales, I'd be interested in knowing. I hate these little tags but it is the only way I know of to do it.

tipusnr

Bev, Like your lines and imagination. Especially like the fountain pen..the picture made me want to open it up and see how it writes.

Keep up the good work!

C_Ludwigsen

Actually, I've not sold a pen yet that wasn't pre-ordered. I have all the pen blanks in a box and I show them my pen and a few pics of the types I make. They choose their wood and pen style. I write an order blank for them and write their name on the blank. Then I make the pen from that piece. If I run out of that type of wood in my little box, I replenish it from my wood at home.

Maybe soon I'll get quick enough at these and have the float from previous sales to make a bunch of them in advance and sell. But for now, since it is mostly co-workers, friends, and their friends that order them, it works out.

I guess it lends itself to the whole "handcrafted" approach. They new they picked that pen blank and I made their pen. ;-) whatever works.

Mind you, I'm selling them because (a) I love to make them, and (b) they earn enough to pay for the hobby as well as help me pay Mr IRS for a couple mistakes on my 2002 taxes :-(.

Scott

Hi Bev,

I am more than just a little bit impressed with your Zebrawood and Cocobolo tool kit! That is an excellent accomplishment of a very cool and innovative design! I don't know if that is one of your new pictures, or an old one, but it is a winner! If you've ever been interested in submitting to the PMG, something along those lines might be the ticket!

A number of your other pens are also quite nice. You're evolving in your designs, and I like the way you're going!

Scott.

tipusnr

For Chuck,

Nice idea on the pen selection. It made me remember how much fun people had looking through the grab bag woods that to pick out material for pens that first Christmas I got into pens. I'm heading home to Wisconsin for a wedding and may take a selection of woods with me to let the other side of the family pick out their pens for birthdays. Beats trying to guess!

Sorry to steal your space Bev!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom