New Pen Turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnyw

Hi,

I just started turning 2 weeks ago. I've been talking to PappaTurner for several years about his pens and just decided to jump in and give it a try.
I live in a very small community in Alabama called Rock Run. I was told about a meeting in Atlanta, Ga. on June 20, but could not remember where. Could someone help me with the location?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Don't know about the Atlanta meeting but wanted to say Welcome to the obsession. We're gland to have you here.

Fred

O'boy, another dude from the ole home state. I got 'lost' from Mobile at the early age of 4.5 and moved to Georgia and been here since then for some 57 years.

Welcome to the Forum, Johnny! Very glad to have you join the group.

Be sure to try and get to the Atlanta meeting if possible. It is held at the new Woodcraft store. :biggrin:

maxman400

Welcome from Pahrump Nv. I am new at this too, and I recommended that you poke around in every part of this forum and read every thing it is loaded with info.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome to IAP, Johnny.

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Although I gave the links above, your best source of information and help will be PappaTurner - Perry!

PenPal

Hi Johnny

From the South East of Australia Canberra greetings we had our coldest day yesterday for 47 yrs but it is still beaut living here.

I can tell you are in good hands Wecome. Peter.

Top Bottom