New Pen for my Pocket

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings All,
I finally got back to the lathe today after a considerable break. I made something simple, a single tube Chrome Rollester using Ambrosia Maple. I've been carrying Pilot G2 click pens in my pocket for quite some time. I like how they write and I like the G2 ink, so I put in a G2 refill instead of the standard Rollerball. I wish the refill stuck out just a little bit more, but I can live with it the way it is. I am also glad that the cap snaps on straight as I have read that crooked inserts in the cap can be a problem with this kit. The Ambrosia Maple sure turned easily - and no bug holes to fill in the section of the blank I used! It felt good being back in the shop. - Dave

IMG_1867 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1869 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1870 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Greetings All,
I finally got back to the lathe today after a considerable break. I made something simple, a single tube Chrome Rollester using Ambrosia Maple. I've been carrying Pilot G2 click pens in my pocket for quite some time. I like how they write and I like the G2 ink, so I put in a G2 refill instead of the standard Rollerball. I wish the refill stuck out just a little bit more, but I can live with it the way it is. I am also glad that the cap snaps on straight as I have read that crooked inserts in the cap can be a problem with this kit. The Ambrosia Maple sure turned easily - and no bug holes to fill in the section of the blank I used! It felt good being back in the shop. - Dave

View attachment 309894View attachment 309896View attachment 309897

Very nice Dave. I love the blank. Any possibility of a slighter longer spring? I believe I have done this with rollerballs to get a slight adjustment in the refill clearance (both in and out).

egnald

Very nice Dave. I love the blank. Any possibility of a slighter longer spring? I believe I have done this with rollerballs to get a slight adjustment in the refill clearance (both in and out).

I've tried all of the usual tricks, including grinding some of the threads off on the nib, but for this Rollester model, the thing that determines refill extension is a metal shoulder that is integral to the nib itself. - Dave

TonyL

Beautiful pen and finish. I clipped a rollester inside a polo shirt and found out-the hard way that the cap fell off. :) Enjoy taking it with you.

sorcerertd

Well, now I have to go down to the shop and test out different refills in a Rollester. That is one of the few rollerballs I have made that I don't think I have tried putting a G2 cartridge in. I wonder how a Pilot Precise would fit? This is why I was asking about inks in another thread. I suppose there will be minor differences based on individual kits that I had not thought of.

Top Bottom