New pen blanks with metal embedded

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We will be introducing several patterns and colors, here are the first two:

Sparkle:
sparkle.jpg

You can see the available "Sparkle" blanks here (first five groups)
sparkle pen blank.jpg

Green Waves
wavesgrn.jpg

You will find "Green Waves" blanks here

waves.jpg

I was concerned about how the metal would react to turning tools, so I have also published a video showing the red one being turned. There were no problems, you can see the video here:

If you go to YouTube, please "subscribe" to the ExoticBlanks short vids (that is where this video is located). When we decided to start the Exotics' channel, we did not get to transfer the 2500 subscribers I had as "Ed Brown", in order to build the new channel so we have options about how to use YouTube, I need to get back to 1000 subscribers. If you subscribe you will get notices of the new vids and other new projects, so please DON'T subscribe if these notices will annoy you!!!

Thank-you for helping me build a better YouTube channel--some of the content was dated!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hbillings

That's a gorgeous blank and I intend to try it one day. I've subscribed - I appreciate your asking.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tony,

Not to pick nits, but "opaque" would mean you cannot see through them, therefore, you would not be able to see the "curly ques", so no they are not opaque.

I think what you are meaning to ask is whether you can see the tube. There is enough dye in the blank that you don't see the tube under normal light or daylight. When I buff, I have several lights hitting the blank to show any scratches. In that environment, I CAN see the tube. For that reason, I used chrome and "black chrome" tubes when I made my prototypes. The one in the picture has a chrome tube in it.

Hope that answers your question--if not, I'll be back---just leave more questions!!

Ed

TonyL

Tony,

Not to pick nits, but "opaque" would mean you cannot see through them, therefore, you would not be able to see the "curly ques", so no they are not opaque.

I think what you are meaning to ask is whether you can see the tube. There is enough dye in the blank that you don't see the tube under normal light or daylight. When I buff, I have several lights hitting the blank to show any scratches. In that environment, I CAN see the tube. For that reason, I used chrome and "black chrome" tubes when I made my prototypes. The one in the picture has a chrome tube in it.

Hope that answers your question--if not, I'll be back---just leave more questions!!

Ed
Thank you Ed, I will give a few a try with my next order.

Top Bottom