New...old..tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

Just bought this 12" tilt head Sears Bandsaw for $100. Runs flawlessly! Quiet and smooth.

I'm going to spend some time cleaning it, lubing it and bringing it back to like new and then put a thin blade on it. I already have a Jet but I can't resist a good deal and they don't make tools like this anymore. All my Jet tools say made in China on them. I want made in U.S.

Attachments

• 20140706_214339.jpg
    20140706_214339.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

Just bought this 12" tilt head Sears Bandsaw for $100. Runs flawlessly! Quiet and smooth.

I'm going to spend some time cleaning it, lubing it and bringing it back to like new and then put a thin blade on it. I already have a Jet but I can't resist a good deal and they don't make tools like this anymore. All my Jet tools say made in China on them. I want made in U.S.
I think that that will make a good 2nd bandsaw. Letting the Jet do the big cutting and this one do curves and the like seems like a pretty smart plan.

That being said, I wouldn't imagine that we would come out ahead in a China v. USA products comparison between the Jet and the Craftsman.

flyitfast

Great bandsaw. I recently sold mine to get a Rikon. I like the Rikon but the Sears 12" was a treat to use. I just needed greater depth of cutting for resawing.
I guess I should have kept mine for a second saw like you did.
gordon

mmyshrall

He introduced that toy to us a while back. It's a '64 Jaguar.

link

No wonder I didn't know. I was not turning then - still working my a$$ off at that point.:biggrin::wink:

Is this where I yell at you for not doing a search? :rotfl:

Steve,

You have no need to yell. You already provided the lazy ones among us with the link. I find if I have enough patience, someone will come along and do the work of searching for me, cough up the links and I reap the rewards... :biggrin::wink:

Michael

Top Bottom