New Minister

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Big

The reason that I have been absent for most of the past two years is because at 62-63 years of age I went back to Bible College and Seminary. I now have my AS degree in Theology and am currently working on my BS in Christian Counseling. Time was very short because I was doing jail ministry and was training to become an Associate Chaplain at the main jail too. I was spending 4 days a week at the jail and had little time for much else, including writing papers for school.

God took me out of jail ministry, possibly just for a season but with some time to breathe again, pen turning is back on my plate. I love Bethlehem Olive Wood and will work with that a lot in the near future. Have not done a PSI Faith, Hope, & Love kit yet but expect to do one of those very soon too.

Glad to be back guys! If you need prayer, please feel free to ask me and I am more than happy to add you to my list. Be blessed brothers and sisters.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back.

I too know the intensity of juggling studies and work in ministry. I joined IAP in early 2005 and then had three stints over the years where I was suddenly called to get intently involved in work for a year or so. I loved every minute of it too. But after a time, work time eased up and allowed me to get back involved in pen turning.

sbwertz

Funny story. When our new young Anglican priest was ordained, I wanted to make him a special pen. I custom ordered a couple of deep purple acrylic blanks with a gold cross cast in the center. I was happily turning one of them when I had a little catch and the whole thing literally exploded....there was nothing at all left in the lathe. I had forgotten to glue in a tube.....

Expensive mistake!

Reactions: Big

SteveJ

Well done on the degree! Welcome back. The faith, hope and love kit is a fairly large kit-especially the rollerball, but it does make a nice meaningful pen.

Top Bottom