NEW MEXICO TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

New Mexico State Quarter cut out using my Dremel scroll saw. This quarter presented its own difficulties with the sun itself. I had to cut that out with the saw "off" simply by dragging the blade up and down to make each cut. Overall,I feel like it turned out as I envisioned it originally. Thanks for looking.comments welcome!

ForumRunner_20130504_133728.png

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

WOW!:eek: You actually cut out the rays in the sun!:eek: My first glance I didn't see that, but, WOW! That must've take a LOT of time! and very steady hands!

Janster

very nice and a challenging piece too. Do you use a particular blade for this? I checked here in town looking for "thinner" blade but they all seem to be .020 in thickness? I even checked at the Saw Shop, Apex Saw Works. Thanks............Jan

seamus7227

Jan you are right on the blades, however, there are some that are even thinner, but they snap many times just trying to put the blades through the drill holes. DAMHIKT. LOL

Bean_Counter

Seamus, very nice and this is coming from a New Mexican. Just to help you out the "sun" is actually called a Zia! A Zia is a sun and is also a local pueblo here in the state. Lol, just wanted to help you out on the terminology and man do you have some patience. Do you sell these?

Edit: just saw that you do sell these. Will need to check it out

Top Bottom