Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dave29620

Hello from Abbeville, SC

I only took up making pens a couple of weeks ago. Have made about 10 slimline, which need a lot of work.

I found this site while surfing the web. Wish I had found it sooner. Lots of good reading and talented turners.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

Welcome from Indiana. I have been on this site for a little over a month and have learned a ton of things. Take some time and read as much as you can. It amazes me all the things you can learn on here.

Jamie

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Dave. Hold on. It's a wild ride!

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

WhiteHare

Welcome Dave. I read these pages a lot but just haven't gotten into posting much. You are correct. This site has much to offer.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here and thanks for joining us! Post some picts of your pens . . and other work if you have it. Enjoy your retirement and new hobby! Got questions, just ask and you can get lots of responses and opinions - and most of them will be good! :biggrin:

New Member also

I'm a new member also. I just joined this weekend and I really have alot to learn just how to use this web site for one.
I'm from Aiken SC. Only been turning since Sept. 09, I went to the John C Campbell folk school been addicted ever since.

Lenny

Welcome Dave!
You will find it very addictive! But the good news is many of the wonderful people here are also vendors of what we crave and they will help feed your addiction!!! :biggrin:
Have fun!:)

fiferb

Hello Dave from the next county over. I'd like to invite you to the Greenwood Woodworking club that meets this coming Saturday. Just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send back my phone number (or look me up in the phone book). There are a couple of us in the Greenwood/Ware Shoals/ Abbeville area. We'll have to get together for some penturning.

Fester

Hey Dave! Welcome from a new user as well!

Hi Dave, I'm new as well, have only made one pen - it didn't finish right so I have a lot of practice to do :frown:

Top Bottom