Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RickW

Just wanted to stop by and say hi from NE Florida. I have had my lathe for about a year and have been turning pens off and on ever since based on time and money. I have a ton still to learn and want to say thanks in advance for the help I know I will need.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

Welcome from Oklahoma. You're right about lots still to learn. I've been turning since Aug. and a couple hundred under my belt but still have lots to learn. When you quit learning, quit.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome From Japan too! Post some picts of your work and join in the fun here.

Included below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

RickW

Thanks for the welcome

to the IAP. I would like to thank Mark for the welcome from Scotland, although I know better than to believe the 'Sunny' part. I spent 6 years in Holy Loch, Scotland. Scotland is a beautiful country, but 'Sunny' it is not. :)

Fred

How ya doing, Rick! Welcome to the Forum and we all are glad to have you sign on with the rest of us.

BTW, Thanks for your service time and for protecting the Country!

Daniel

Welcome from Nevada, Sunny, warm, friendly. And don't worry, we will do all we can to help you get over that little thing like money interfering with your penmaking.

Top Bottom