Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryFT

Just joined today so if I ask too many questions just tell me to sit down and shut up! This is my first journey through the land of turning so I'm sure I'll have many, many questions. I turned an ugly piece of wood into a beautiful back scratcher handle today. When I finish it I'll post a picture so you can critique it, laugh at it or whatever your heart desires. Thanks for letting me in.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Welcome from Texas. Don't be afraid to ask. I've found that whenever someone ask a "Dumb Question" there's always someone else thinking the same thing but just won't ask.

KMCloonan

Welcome from Northern Illinois. I was where you are just a handful of years ago. This site is amazing, helpful, supportive, and sometimes even fun! Enjoy. Be sure to check out the library for all sorts of tutorials.

magpens

Hi Gary !! . . . Warm welcome to IAP !!!!

With the name you have, you cannot be anything but wildly successful at this "game" !!!

Start asking right away . . . I am sure you are going to love ( most of ) the answers from the very talented members here !!! 😀 😀

Last edited:

TDahl

Welcome from California. Ask as many questions as you can. An question asked is an opportunity for all of us to learn and become better at what we love.

Kcimdrib

Welcome Gary hope get as much out of joining the IAP as I have. Great bunch of guys always willing to help.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio. I spent a few years in Franklin, Bloomington and New Castle - Very fond memories.

Enjoy IAP.

MRDucks2

Welcome aboard from Washington, Indiana.

You are not that far from WoodTurningz, which is just up the road from Woodcraft and Rockler. Look them up if you haven't already as they are a good group of folks and offer counter sales. Plus they generally have a selection of discounts and seconds by the counter.

WriteON

Just joined today so if I ask too many questions just tell me to sit down and shut up! This is my first journey through the land of turning so I'm sure I'll have many, many questions. I turned an ugly piece of wood into a beautiful back scratcher handle today. When I finish it I'll post a picture so you can critique it, laugh at it or whatever your heart desires. Thanks for letting me in.
No laughing this end. Will bet it turns( no pun) out real nice. Welcome aboard.

Top Bottom