New member!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gandaddy

Thank you very much for your kind welcome! I do look forward to meeting the other members!! And, I can assure you I will definitely learn from them.
I am new at pen making and other related projects on the lathe. Even without experience, I purchased a Laguna 1836 lathe. I have to admit that I haven't even installed a piece of material on it to try it out. I guess the main reason is that I'm not sure I know how to safely fix wood material on it yet! But, I will be watching utube and listening to our members for advice! Again, Thank you!
gandaddy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Bill.

Check out our Birthday Bash going on. There's still time to enter some contests, especially the puzzles. You could win a prize just for entering.

bsshog40

Welcome Bill! You may want to see if there is a wood turning club near you. Most members are always willing to help out new turners, especially when it comes to safety. If you don't feel comfortable about your wood mounted on the lathe, I recommend do not turn it on. Wood at high rpms can really hurt someone.

jttheclockman

WElcome and I also agree please either get hooked up with a club or a turner. Learn the tools you want to use before turning on. Safety is paramount and could save you serious hurt. We want you to be here and show off your work here for a long time.

WriteON

Safety first and enjoy. You have no idea how much fun is coming your way. Always something new to turn. Just keeps getting better.

Alan Morrison

Stay with this hobby, Bill and you will never be bored.
You will learn plenty here. Check out the library.
And Welcome
Alan

Welcome from Montana Bill. As was mentioned above, safety is very important especially as a new comer. I would highly suggest a full face shield as one of your first pieces of safety equipment if you don't currently have one. As a newbie myself many years ago I bounced a lot of things off my chin...I might be slow but I did learn as you will too. Have fun and enjoy your new adventure.

Top Bottom