New Member Washington

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bookboy22

HI all. I registered back in April this year then lost the link and name to this site! Back now. I turned wood back in High School so that was a longgg time ago and most recently started back a year ago. First time buying a lathe however. Been teaching my daughter along the way as we go and has been fun. I've only made a dozen pens so far with a mix of woods and acrylic types. Still learning that is for sure. I've made some other items like sewing tools, bottle openers, etc. but come back to the pens! I struggle a little bit on the more unique woods and not sure why just yet.
It is good to be here and hope to meet many of you on the blog. John.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome back to the IAP community. Sometimes unique woods have certain characteristics that just make them different, how grain structures interlock or not, how brittle they are, etc... This is a great resource to ask those kind of questions as there are tons of experience across the membership. I certainly have learned a great deal about the materials, techniques, and such over the past few years. - Dave

Welcome John from Montana. Best time you'll ever spend is the time with your daughter in your shop learning together. Treasure those times, they grow up way too fast.

Top Bottom