New Member, Scam Alert, and Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wrjones224

Hi All,

My name is Ryan and I am somewhat new to pen making. I have learned from my grandfather over the past year and have launched a business in the process. I am excited to continue this journey and connect with you all! My companies website is rootsandjones.com and there it talks more about my story and the reasons why I am getting into pen making. I would be curious to know why some of you have started this hobby or business?

Also, I want to put this out there for members to be aware of a potential scam. I was recently approached by someone who claimed to be a part of a marketplace in The Faroe Islands. This scammer said they wanted to make a bulk order purchase of pens/stylus/bottle openers to resell in their market. What they do is have you send them and invoice, which they pay but it is with a stolen credit card, then they try to get you to pay a fake 3rd party shipping company. I did not fall for it but I did not realize it was a scam until after I had purchased the bulk order supplies. https://gaukorg.blog/2018/08/14/scam-email-alert/ Link to more information on this scam.

Nonetheless: I have 55 chrome Bottle opener kits I am looking to get off my hands and 35 Gold touch stylus kits I am looking to get get rid of. If you are interested in helping me out by buying a few I would greatly appreciate it. I am local to Kentucky and will ship anywhere in the US.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

Welcome to the forum Ryan, we're glad to have you! I joined about 2 years ago after being advised by my uncle. As an 18 year old at the time, who had only turned one pen, I was kinda nervous to post anything. I figured that such seasoned turners didn't need to hear from me, and that I'd just end up asking a lot of dumb questions. But I quickly learned that I couldn't have been more wrong. This forum is easily the greatest wealth of knowledge there is on all kinds of turning/woodworking. I cannot stress enough that you should be as vocal as possible. Ask questions, give advice, show of your work... you'll never find a more kind and generous group of people.

As far as your excess kits: decide how much you want to resell them for, then post them for sale here...

-Joe

wrjones224

Welcome to the forum Ryan, we're glad to have you! I joined about 2 years ago after being advised by my uncle. As an 18 year old at the time, who had only turned one pen, I was kinda nervous to post anything. I figured that such seasoned turners didn't need to hear from me, and that I'd just end up asking a lot of dumb questions. But I quickly learned that I couldn't have been more wrong. This forum is easily the greatest wealth of knowledge there is on all kinds of turning/woodworking. I cannot stress enough that you should be as vocal as possible. Ask questions, give advice, show of your work... you'll never find a more kind and generous group of people.

As far as your excess kits: decide how much you want to resell them for, then post them for sale here...

-Joe
Thanks Joe! I appreciate the warm welcome. I have posted my for sale kits in the other forum!

magpens

Hi Ryan !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! :)

Sorry to hear that you have been "stuck" in the way that you described.

keithlong

Welcome from the great state of Alabama. I started making pens because I used to collect them when I was working, then I retired and started making my own.

wrjones224

Here is link to my current sale.

Top Bottom