New member saying Hi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul-H

Hi all

Just joined the forum and understand I need to say hi first.

I am new to pen turning but not new to pens, one of my many hobbies is the restoration of vintage fountain pens so as I approach old age I needed to learn something new to help delay the onset of dementia, so pen turning was a natural path to follow, I have also started learning mechanical watch repairs as well. So giving the old fading grey cells a right old bashing.

Just been to my local Axminter store and returned with on of their small lathes and a pen turning kit so hope to start making chips soon.

I now doubt will have loads of questions, hopefully not too many stupid ones.

Bye for now, hope to chat soon.

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

welcome from Georgia !!!
You've come to the right place for pen making. Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Smokey S

Welcome from the west shore of Copano Bay down here in south Texas. You will find these folks are definitely a great group to learn from, you might check around for an area woodturning club. I got hooked up with the AAW Coastal Bend Woodturners and those guys are very talented artist. They also live to teach and share their knowledge of their craft, just overwhelmingly awesome. Sounds like you have a great plan forward. Enjoy the ride! Just saying……..S

TDahl

Welcome from California. I am interested to see how your knowledge and expertise in restoring fountain pens can be applied to pen making. I think there may be endless possibilities there. Thanks for joining.

Top Bottom