New Member from Wisconsin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary-CK

Hello, all. I live in Neenah, Wisconsin, about 30 miles south of Green Bay. I'm new to IAP and to turning. I bought my first lathe in a Black Friday deal last November and have been learning pen turning with it since. It is quite an addicting hobby. I've been making a few pens with three goals in mind.

1. Learn turning techniques useful for pen making.
2. Learn techniques to put a beautiful, durable finish on turned pens.
3. Figure out what tools, blank materials and pen kits work well and should warrant my attention and use.

I've made a few pens I've been pleased enough with to give to two friends who recently retired and believe my learning is going well. I hope to learn from the people and resources here. Thanks for approving my registration.

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Welcome to the IAP From DePere! If you haven't seen it, put the MPG on your calendar. Unfortunately this years had to be cancelled. last years was great and next year will be even bigger and better.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Gary. Feel free to ask any questions and be sure to check out our library. There are many excellent tutorials on turning, finishing, and many other topics.

Top Bottom