New Member from Nova Scotia Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GTAB

Good evening from Nova Scotia,
I appreciate you adding me to the group. Thank you. I'm new to pen turning within the last couple of months and am already intrigued by two things, 1) that in today's digital age that so many are still interested in these writing instruments, 2) how incredible fulfilling and addictive pen turning is.

I look forward to learning and honing the craft.
Here is one I turned this evening for a friend. They requested cherry with antique brass hardware.

Thank you again and enjoy your weekend.

Greg

gregory bland cherry.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome !

That's a good looking pen ! ! . . . I like the grooves you cut near the nib ... nicely spaced and uniformly deep.

jttheclockman

Glad you found us and welcome from NJ. Nice snap as the kids say today. Looks like you have the pen turning thing down pat. Hope to see more of your work.

randyrls

Welcome Greg! Be sure to browse the Library under "Resources", "IAP Library" There is a wealth of info there on all aspects of pen making and small turned objects.

Added later; Penn State Industries makes a "Pen Grip" turning tool that makes about 9 evenly spaced grooves in a pen blank for finger grip. Makes it dead easy to do that.

GTAB

Welcome Greg! Be sure to browse the Library under "Resources", "IAP Library" There is a wealth of info there on all aspects of pen making and small turned objects.

Added later; Penn State Industries makes a "Pen Grip" turning tool that makes about 9 evenly spaced grooves in a pen blank for finger grip. Makes it dead easy to do that.
Thank you for the welcome and info on the tool. I'll take a look

Top Bottom