New member from Colorado

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello,

just thought I'd introduce myself.

During high school in the UK, I was required to take class notes with a fountain pen and used my grandfather's Parker Duofold from the 1950's with a 14k nib. I still have that pen and it writes very well. I find that writing with a fp really helps with my mental-flow.

Coincidentally, I am about to finish a college-level intro to woodturning class, which included making a ballpoint pen using a kit.

However, I'd really like to make kit-less fountain pens with quality nibs - hence when I found this group, I joined pretty quickly.

Any advise would be totally appreciated.

Regards,
Charlie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Welcome from south-central North Carolina, Charlotte area. There are a number of really good "kitless" pen makers in the community. Check out YouTube videos by Bob Blanford (RJB woodturner) or Jim Hinze. Bob has one video that details all the tools you'll need to get started. Jim is considered one of the best kitless/bespoke pen makers and has demonstrated at several pen gatherings around the country. Braxton Frankenbery is another well known pen maker in this category. Braxton is more active on FB and IG.

Welcome from south-central North Carolina, Charlotte area. There are a number of really good "kitless" pen makers in the community. Check out YouTube videos by Bob Blanford (RJB woodturner) or Jim Hinze. Bob has one video that details all the tools you'll need to get started. Jim is considered one of the best kitless/bespoke pen makers and has demonstrated at several pen gatherings around the country. Braxton Frankenbery is another well known pen maker in this category. Braxton is more active on FB and IG.
Thanks for the information.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Hello and Welcome to our home. We have many ideas and Downloadable PDF tutorials for your review.

Here's an Introductory Document for Reference.

Complete List of Forums

Menu of all IAP Library Articles, References, Tips, Tutorials

Pen Kit Suppliers - World Wide

Which Pen Suppliers do you Purchase from? (Poll)

Have Fun!

Top Bottom