New Local Chapter Startup Information Requested!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I've inquired a couple of times with no real response on what is required for starting a local chapter. There are several turners interested in starting a local group in the NC area.
So how and what is required to be associated with the IAP on a local chapter level?

Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Hi Kevin
Basically, you need to get 4-5 or more people together and have at the least 2-3 meetings a year. Choose a leader, let Neil (wolftat) know and he will help you out.

Lin.

toddlajoie

Did you read the sticky topics in the Local Chapter section? I'm not sure how much DCBluesman is involved in Local Chapters, but a PM to Neil (username Wolftat) after reading the stickies would probably get you well on your way...

Lin outlined the simplicity of what is needed to be done, but there is some great info and experience to be had from the threads.. More food for thought

Brooks803

Kevin, I'd be interested in possibly coming to a meeting. Location will determine that part. I already drive 3hrs to the Atl meetings so as long as it's not too far I'd like to go.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've inquired a couple of times with no real response on what is required for starting a local chapter. There are several turners interested in starting a local group in the NC area.
So how and what is required to be associated with the IAP on a local chapter level?

Thank you

Six or more turners meet (in person) and say, "We'd like to be an IAP chapter, we will meet again (insert date here)"

BINGO, you're a chapter.

Wolftat can make a "forum" for you and you can communicate about things of local interest---including when to meet again.

Top Bottom