New Light

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

I had been using a fluorescent ring light magnifier to light my lathe but it was in the way a lot. I found this LED clip lamp at Lowes for $20 and being OCD - I couldn't just clip it on to something. Took the control housing off my Delta, found a perfect spot to mount the lamp, decided to put the lamp DC converter inside the housing also and put a new toggle switch on top of the lamp. 24 LEDs kick out a lot of white light with no heat.:cool: May add one to my metal lathe also.

Harry

Attachments

• DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Great idea!

I think we all find the need for a little more light from time to time. In my own experience, especially when turn bowls. I like the you mounted it so it looks like an integral part of the lathe.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

PaulDoug

Nicest looking lathe light setup I have seen. Can you replace the bulbs in that type of light? I don't know lights other than I hate the ones we have to use in the house now days.

plano_harry

Never have to. LEDs pretty much last forever, they are really bright and don't give off any heat. The lamp head is only about 3" across with a nice spread that lights up the entire lathe bed.

The only drawback is the when you hit that final shine the reflection of the individual lights is kind of stange. So I swing in the ring light magnifier which somehow looks like a continuous straight line reflection to spot any flaws. Perhaps having a magnifying glass in a pen studio is just asking for trouble:rolleyes:. Do any of these things ever turn out perfect the first time? Could be the OCD...

Nicest looking lathe light setup I have seen. Can you replace the bulbs in that type of light? I don't know lights other than I hate the ones we have to use in the house now days.

PenMan1

I love this idea! I use a ring magnifier and I agree, it gets in the way, A LOT! And it requires a lot of cleaning.
This idea looks perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom