New Lathe Purchase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cole Roberts

Have a lead on a Laguna Revo 18/36 220 V from the manufacturer at $1900, still with a full 2 year manufacturer warranty. Biggest questions are. Anyone have this lathe and enjoy working with it; I have read some good reviews on it as a whole, but would like to see if the community here has any comments. Finally, at that price; I think I am getting a pretty good price compared to retail at $2500... any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Have a lead on a Laguna Revo 18/36 220 V from the manufacturer at $1900, still with a full 2 year manufacturer warranty. Biggest questions are. Anyone have this lathe and enjoy working with it; I have read some good reviews on it as a whole, but would like to see if the community here has any comments. Finally, at that price; I think I am getting a pretty good price compared to retail at $2500... any thoughts?

My turning buddy has that lathe and the centers don't even line up as good as on my Rikon 12.5" or his Jet 10". You can see the obvious vertical discrepancy (which can't be adjusted) with the naked eye. He took a picture and sent it in but Laguna said it's within specs which surprised us both. He wasn't happy about that. It seems to work fine and he's turned some very nice larger platters and a lamp, but you'd think for a couple grand and then some the centers would be accurate.

WriteON

My turning buddy has that lathe and the centers don't even line up as good as on my Rikon 12.5" or his Jet 10". You can see the obvious vertical discrepancy (which can't be adjusted) with the naked eye. He took a picture and sent it in but Laguna said it's within specs which surprised us both. He wasn't happy about that. It seems to work fine and he's turned some very nice larger platters and a lamp, but you'd think for a couple grand and then some the centers would be accurate.
Maybe that's why it's on sale.

Top Bottom