New Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Just purchased a quantity of this kit called an ION. It's a single-tube kit but leaves enough wood for a little creativity. I have tried to replicate a European style pen.
The Wood I have used is Hairy Oak just managed to obtain about 30 blanks but can't find any more in the UK.
The finish is Friction polish followed by Microcrystalline polish.
Please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• IMG20230126125539.jpg
    IMG20230126125539.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG20230126125530.jpg
    IMG20230126125530.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG20230126125513.jpg
    IMG20230126125513.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hallelujahal

Love it! Never heard of hairy oak before but it looks nice. I've a shed load of ordinary oak oak - but it looks positively boring compared!
AL

Kcimdrib

Very nice! I'm attracted to your treatment of the clip. Is that the oak, also? The "center band" is also well done. A truly well done pen!
Thank you for your kind comments not sure what you mean about the treatment of the clip. It's made from one solid blank simply turned.

Alan Morrison

That's a great looking pen, Mike.
I have just one hairy oak blank in my collection waiting for a bit of inspiration.
It sounds like you have captured the hairy oak market, you've cleared out the UK and ready to buy up all the Aussie blanks???

Valleyboy

Nice job. The front on photo gives the impression that you've inlaid the clip with wood too, but it's possibly a trick of the light?

Kcimdrib

That's a great looking pen, Mike.
I have just one hairy oak blank in my collection waiting for a bit of inspiration.
It sounds like you have captured the hairy oak market, you've cleared out the UK and ready to buy up all the Aussie blanks???
Thank you for your comments Alan.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice - where did you get that kit?

I really like how you styled the center of the pen to give it that Classic Parker look. I think I have some hairy oak from George Valentine in my stash / I'll have to dig it out. Might be just right for a pen I'm planning to make soon.

jttheclockman

Looks good. You made a one piece kit look like a 2 piece kit. Clever. I have some hairy oak somewhere in the stash.

Kcimdrib

I really like how you styled the center of the pen to give it that Classic Parker look. I think I have some hairy oak from George Valentine in my stash / I'll have to dig it out. Might be just right for a pen I'm planning to make soon.
Thank you for your comments.

Kcimdrib

I got the kit from PROKRAFT UK

Top Bottom