New kind of wood (for me anyway)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I picked up a few blanks for a different kind of wood that I think will make some very cool-looking pens. I will find the latin name of the wood and post it here. I bought it from a musical instrument maker in Indonesia.
Cool wood.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I purchased it from a member of FaceBook named Ido Renux Violin. He does instrument repair and has access to a wide variety of native woods in his native Indonesia. The wood is called Chrysophyllum canaito and while it was not completely dry when I received it, I coated the ends of it with CA and it is drying nicely. It ships from Singapore so shipping was $30 but I purchased four blanks to make it worth the shipping costs.

BULLWINKLE

I purchased it from a member of FaceBook named Ido Renux Violin. He does instrument repair and has access to a wide variety of native woods in his native Indonesia. The wood is called Chrysophyllum canaito and while it was not completely dry when I received it, I coated the ends of it with CA and it is drying nicely. It ships from Singapore so shipping was $30 but I purchased four blanks to make it worth the shipping costs.
It's a beautiful wood. Very unique. Thanks. I'm going to get some.

Top Bottom