New kid from Idaho

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyfisher117

Hi there I'm a 17 year old high school student that has become addicted to wood turning. :) I don't have much experience on the lathe ive only made 40 or so very basic cups and bowls, I made my first box here a month or so ago and I just made my first pen 2 weeks ago. So far pen turning is my favorite but I need A LOT of help as far as basics. I wont be asking many questions yet im just going to sit here and read the previous posts but it wont be long till you hear from me again.

Just thought id share heres my first pen.

pen008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Very good pen for first try. Welcome to the addiction. The best part of this addiction is it is not illegal, yet.:biggrin: You have found the most helpful and sharing site anywhere. When you are ready for honest opinions, let all know in your post. There are no stupid questions except the one not asked. That is how we all learned from others mistakes. It is good to see younger people taking up wood working and turning. Have fun, be careful and make loads of dust!
Charles

Fred

Greetings, John, and Welcome to the Forum.

Nice pen and since it is your first KEEP IT and in a year or so compare it to what you are able to make then. THERE will be a considerable difference as long as you continue to make them and have others to compare.

I think I'll go get and eat me one of your Idaho potatoes (NOTE: There is no "E" in potato ... just when there are more than one! I plan on eating only one... so no "E".) :biggrin:

michelle

Welcome aboard, fellow Idahoan! I'm in North Idaho near Coeur d'Alene. This Christmas will be one year since I started and became addicted to pen turning. You are smart to sit back and read all the amazing knowledge and information that has already been posted. Keep practicing! And keep the rubber side down.
Michelle

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Great job on your first pen. Things just get better.

Check out the Library and Wiki links in your "studies."

Drstrangefart

Welcome. I'm pretty new myself, but with some help, results have gotten way better than I expected. I've done one small bowl and about 35 pens so far. Sold a good handful of them. With some luck, selling pens will pay for making more pens.

Top Bottom