New in Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gcoffman1163

Hello everyone,

I've been bitten. I've turned about a dozen pens over the past few weeks. This year's Christmas presents are pens for everyone!!!

I've struggled with finishes and still can't get my CA to work out. Tonight I got frustrated and just stopped trying to make the CA work. I sanded it down and resorted to friction polish. I'm completely happy with the result. I feel like this is my best pen yet.

ad35f277de7a420ecaf74ec4b5a3ecb6.jpg

I'm in the Houston area so turning all "winter" hopefully won't be a problem. Rockler is right across the street from my office too.

I'm hoping to learn from the group on how to achieve those high gloss finishes without wanting to pull my hair out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

Howdy from San Antonio!! Good luck with the CA finish, I still don't have a method that works for me every time. What I did was watch youtube, then go try. If that didn't work, I would watch another vid and try again.

You did good on that pen in the pic, so keep it up!

Drew

flyitfast

Welcome to IAP from San Antonio.
Check out the member map at the top of the page for IAP members in the Houston area. They are a helpful bunch. Also, check out the Woodcraft there in Houston - They might be able to point you to some pen turners that do well with CA finishes.
Good looking pen.
Gordon

JoeyPerot

Welcome from Katy, TX...
I'm a fairly new turner but have turned enough that I'd be happy to help any way that I could. I've recently gotten a CA method that I'm really happy with.

Send me an e-mail if I can be of any assistance. joey.perot@gmail.com

Top Bottom