New Hybrid! "Potpourri - Spring Garden"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
This is one of my new Hybrid blanks. I'll be offering some of these in my next business classified listing, but I wanted to turn one and see the outcome. I really like the way this turned out with the random and organic patterns. I call this one "Potpourri - Spring Garden", but I've got a bunch of other color schemes in the works. :)

I was really happy with the way it turned, no air bubbles to speak of and only one spot in the 'seedy' area that needed a small CA fill. I painted the inside of the blanks with a lemon yellow. I toyed with using blue instead to get more of a teal colored outcome, but I like the yellow a lot. I might do another one with the blue. ;)

I turned it a hair shy of the bushings, put on a layer of CA/BLO to pop the 'grain', CA topcoat to get it back to size, then MM6000 and white diamond buff.

Kit is a Gold Ti Baron fountain from Bill at AS.

Comments/Questions/Suggestions welcome! :D

PotpourriSpringGarden1_1.jpg

PotpourriSpringGarden1_2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I wondered what you had been up to ! This is what you've been doing ! Another beauty Karl ! I'm saving my change I'd like to see the one with blue tubes also ! Thanks Karl ![8D]

Top Bottom