New guy saying HI!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDM

Greetings All!!
New guy here. Just saying Howdy! I've been lurking here for a while and have decided it's time to join up. I'm just a hobby turner and turn on a little 4 foot bench in the garage. I've had a lathe for two years now. I have made some calls, turned a few bowls and made a lot of little trinkets. I've just recently started turning pens. I did some Slimline, then some Comfortline and now I've been turning the Jr Gentlemen's II pens. For some reason I really like turning them better than the other pens. Here are a few of what I've done lately.
Teak burl, oil and wax finish.
100_3654.jpg

Black Ash Burl - CA
100_3657.jpg

Desert Ironwood - CA
100_3728.jpg

Afzelia Xlay - CA
100_3731.jpg

This is my first post and first attempt at posting pics, so if they are too big I will delete them.

I'm looking forward to reading up more than I already have, being able to chat with you and ask some questions.

Best Regards,
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Hi Mark. Welcome to the IAP. Jump right in and enjoy the site..

Great looking set of pens. I look forward to seeing more of your work..

AKPenTurner

Welcome aboard! I've been here for a few months now, and this is the best source for pen turning info. Enjoy the forums, and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge from all these experienced turners!

P.S. Great photos!!

itzapen

Welcome to the club Mark. Great looking pen, you should be proud of them. Keep up the great work.
Hello from Texas BTW.
Clyde

MDM

Folks, thank you for the kind words on my pens and for the warm welcome.
I appreciate it.
Time to go lurk some more...:wink:
Mark

ctubbs

Hey Mark, come out of the shadows and quit the lurking. Your work shows you have no reason to hide. Welcome to the addiction. Be sure and check out the library link in the upper right of the page. There you can find a wealth of info about pen making and other things. Make shavings and enjoy.
Charles

Top Bottom